Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Favourite Films of 2011

Now that Oscar day is upon us, I think it's fairly safe to give my revised list of favourites of the year. There are still quite a few that I need to see, which I will spread out throughout the year (possibly doing one large marathon over the March Break)  since for now, I'm all 2011'd out. Anyway, here goes. My top 15 favourite films of the year!


HONOURABLE MENTIONS

The Iron Lady (8/10)


Thor (8/10)

Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary (10/10, but technically not a film, so I'm putting it here)

Paul (7/10)

Hanna (8/10)

Rio (8/10)

Our Idiot Brother (8/10)

Scream 4 (8/10)


TOP 15 FILMS OF 2011


15.

Source Code










14.


Kung Fu Panda 2









13.


Captain America: The First Avenger









12.


Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol









Rango Poster 211.


Rango









10.


Rise of the Planet of the Apes









9.


The Help









8.


Bridesmaids










7.


Midnight in Paris









6.


The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn








5.


X-Men First Class










4.


The Descendants









3.


Hugo








2.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt II









1.


The Artist











Films from 2011 that I haven't seen yet that I would like to

  • War Horse
  • Martha Marcy May Marlene
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
  • Young Adult
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
  • Carnage
  • Arthur Christmas
  • A Dangerous Method
  • Immortals
  • Take Shelter
  • J.  Edgar
  • Tower Heist
  • Puss in Boots
  • My Week With Marilyn
  • In Time
  • The Ides of March
  • Anonymous
  • 50/50
  • We Need To Talk About Kevin
  • Moneyball
  • Drive
  • Contagion
  • Warrior
  • The Debt
  • Fright Night
  • Crazy Stupid Love
  • Horrible Bosses
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • Super 8
  • Beginners
  • The Tree of Life
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
  • Water For Elephants
  • Jane Eyre
  • Cedar Rapids
  • Never Let Me Go

2 comments:

  1. Lot of films you have to see there. I would say to make Drive one of the top priorities on what to see. A great list, glad to see Captain America and Tintin there, and a wonderful pick for number one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading James. I can't believe I forgot to put the Muppets in though. Oh well, I'd put it around #4 or #3, tied with The Descendants or Hugo.

    ReplyDelete